- Frequently-asked questions
- VPN Infrastructure Diagram
FREEDOME FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONSPurchase
1. Can any NETVIGATOR customer purchase Freedome Network Safety Software?
No. Free-trial customers cannot purchase Freedome Network Safety Software. This is also not applicable for LiKE1OO customers.
1. Can I transfer the Freedome license key from old to new device?
When you activate Freedome via your account using a new device, the license will be transferred automatically.
2. Can F-Secure and Freedome from the NETVIGATOR Internet Safety Pack be installed in different devices?
3. Can I use the same Freedome Network Safety Software license on multiple devices?
You need one license per device. You can register multiple licenses through your NETVIGATOR account.
1. Which operating platforms does Freedome Network Safety Software support?
Windows 7 or newer, OSX 10.9 or newer, iOS 8 or newer and Android 4.0.3 or newer.
2. Will Freedome automatically switch off when my Internet device goes into sleep mode?
Freedome disconnects when a device running an iOS auto-locks.
Functions (Anonymous browsing)
1. Will installing Freedome Network Safety Software automatically delete any existing anti-virus software?
2. Will my computer or mobile phone slow down after installing Freedome Network Safety Software?
When a user connects to the Internet with Freedome activated, Internet traffic will be routed through Freedome’s VPN server. This means speed will depend on the volume of Internet traffic and location of the server selected. For example, if a user connects to Freedome’s US server during peak hours, the speed might be slower than if connected to Freedome’s Hong Kong server during non-peak hours.
3. Will Freedome consume more of my Internet device’s battery?
Consumption is negligible. All apps consume battery power, depending on usage pattern.
1. If my phone/computer has Freedome installed, can it still be connected to my IP camera at home, given the fact my IP address is hidden?
Yes. Freedome only masks the IP address of the device it is protecting.
2. An IP camera at home connects to my mobile phone and computer. If I install Freedome Network Safety Software in my mobile and computer, will it benefit my IP camera?
Only devices with Freedome Network Safety Software installed are protected, so your IP camera will not benefit.
3. Is Freedome service suitable for users requiring a dynamic IP address?
No, because it will mask the device’s IP address.
4. Will websites such as Facebook and YouTube be affected by Freedome when it is installed on my Internet device? Will it cause login and security problems, for example?
Some websites, such as Facebook and YouTube, will verify a user’s identity with a security code or question when it detects a user is logging in from another country. As long as the user can answer questions correctly, he/she will be able to login as usual.
5. Can I still browse websites hosted in mainland China after installing Freedome?
No. China has blocked the VPN protocol.
6. Which Freedome server should I choose?
If speed is your primary concern, then best to use a local server or allow Freedome to detect one automatically.
7. Freedome Network Safety Software appears to command inferior server coverage and runs fewer servers compared with other srevices providers, so does that have implications for connectivity or stability?
Although some providers cover more countries and run more servers, a user’s practical needs vary. For example not many need to use a South African IP server.
8. How many servers does the Freedome Network Safety Software use? And in which countries are they located?
Currently a total of 27 servers are operating from 21 countries.
*Coverage, speeds, server number and locations and quality of server of Freedome may vary from time to time.
9. How frequently does the tracker mapper function of Freedome generate a tracking report?
Each tracker mapper session lasts 24 hours once turned on.
1. Most online banking website connections are SSL encrypted, so why do I need Freedome Network Safety Software?
Using Freedome adds another layer of protection when browsing. Without Freedome, hackers might discover the SSL-protected online banking website you are visiting. When the connection is encrypted by Freedome, however, hackers cannot track the website. Furthermore, some websites are not yet protected by SSL.
2. Which type of encryption standard does Freedome Network Safety Software use?
TLS, 2048 bit RSA auth and AES256+SHA1 HMAC for control channel, and AES-128 + SHA1 HMAC for data channel.
1. What are the differences between traditional anti-virus software and Freedome Network Safety Software?
They both protect a user’s safety online, but in different ways. Traditional anti-virus software scans a user’s Internet device then fends off attacks from virus-infected files and malicious apps that have been downloaded, or come from malicious websites the user has visited.
Freedome Network Safety Software, on the other hand, protects a user’s Internet connection to ensure safety while online. Privacy is maintained by encrypting a user’s Internet connection and hiding his or her IP address, thereby reducing hacking opportunities.
2. What are the differences between Freedome Network Safety Software and free VPN software?
Freedome offers advantages compared with free VPN software. For example, it guarantees advertisements will not appear, while promising unlimited usage and unlimited switches between servers. Moreover, Freedome comes from award-winning security software expert F-Secure which provides comprehensive customer support to ensure your connectivity to the service anytime anywhere.
3. What functions does Freedome Network Safety Software perform other than VPN?
Technically, VPN is not a function. It is the name of the structure of this protocol by which users benefit from “geo-location switching”. However, Freedome also offers browsing protection by preventing attacks from malicious websites, as well as providing anonymous browsing to keep a user’s surfing activity confidential, and connection encryption to hide a user’s IP address.
4. What does the Android version’s “App security” feature of Freedome do?
Protects you from harmful apps, viruses, spyware and malware.
5. Will Freedome record my use of data?
No, but you can allow F-Secure to collect non-personal application data in the program settings to help F-Secure improve Freedome.
FREEDOME SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS