- Frequently-asked questions
- System Requirements
F-SECURE SAFE ANYWHERE FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONSLicense management
1. How will I know if my F-Secure keys are activated?
Manage your keys by logging in using your NETVIGATOR ID and password at this website.
2. Does it work out cheaper to buy multiple keys?
Yes. The prices are $18/1 key, $45/3 keys and $60/5 keys. Keys must be purchased in one transaction.
3. I've subscribed to F-Secure Safe Anywhere and want to add more keys. Can I get discount for buying more keys?
Multiple keys must be purchased as part of just ONE transaction – e.g. customer cannot get discount for buying three keys, if two are bought today followed by one tomorrow.
4. I am not a NETVIGATOR user, so can I subscribe to F-Secure Safe Anywhere via your website?
No, only NETVIGATOR users can subscribe to F-Secure Safe Anywhere.
5. What's the maximum number of keys to which I can subscribe?
You can subscribe to up to nine keys.
6. How do I subscribe, or renew my subscription, to F-Secure Safe Anywhere?
Login using your NETVIGATOR ID and password at this website and subscribe to the new offers, or call our hotline on 1000, or ask a staff member at one of our retail shops or service centers.
7. What kind of customer is eligible for free F-Secure Safe Anywhere keys?
Some of our promotional campaigns offer free keys. You can check your eligibility by logging into our website or calling the hotline on 1000, or asking a member of staff at one of our retail shops or service centers.
1. What are the rules for naming my device after installation?
You can choose any name you like. The name simply enables you to recognize your device when using F-Secure. You can also rename a device after logging into the portal.
2. Can I install the same key on multiple devices?
No. Each key can be installed on one device only. You need to uninstall it from a device before installing on another.
3. Do I need to re-install F-Secure Safe Anywhere after changing to a new device?
Yes. You need to un-install the license from your old device before installing it on a new one. Login using your NETVIGATOR ID and password at this website to uninstall and install.
4. Can I install more than one anti-virus software on my device?
Not recommended because they are likely to clash.
5. Will F-Secure Safe Anywhere help remove existing anti-virus software on my device before installation?
Yes, it will remove existing anti-virus software software, but we cannot guarantee all files will be removed in totality. We suggest manual un-installation to make sure all files relating to existing anti-virus software are removed completely.
6. How will I know whether F-Secure Safe Anywhere has been properly installed on my device?
After installation, the F-Secure launch pad icon will be displayed on the desktop and an F-Secure icon will appear on the taskbar. In addition, the F-Secure program will show a green check sign indicating your computer is protected.
7. Will my device suffer a slowdown in general operations after installation?
F-Secure SAFE will not slow your device dramatically, as the software requires a minimum of just 1GB of RAM. You might sometimes get the impression of slower performance when full computer virus scanning is under way, but this is normal and resources will be released once scanning is complete.
8. Will installation of F-Secure Safe Anywhere automatically delete the default Window Defender program?
No. It will only turn OFF Windows Defender, because you do not need more than one anti-virus program running at the same time.
9. Will F-Secure Safe Anywhere take root access to my Android device?
No. It only requests Device Administrator permission in order for some features to work.
10. Are any special settings required to get service started after installation?
No. Protection starts working immediately after installation. Configuration is required only for Parental Control and Anti-Theft.
1. Which devices and operating systems are compatible with F-secure Safe Anywhere?
PCs, Macs and Android smartphones/tablets.
2. Does F-Secure Safe Anywhere work with iOS?
Not yet, but we are planning to add iOS compatibility.
1. Will installing F-Secure help if my computer is already infected by a virus?
Yes. The clean-up tool checks for infected files during F-Secure SAFE installation.
2. Will I receive a pop-up alert if my device is infected by a virus?
3. Can viruses be spread by Bluetooth?
In some cases, yes.
Functions (Banking Protection)
1. Will the "Anti-theft" function's data-wipe feature erase data from my mobile phone's SD card?
Yes. Data held by both mobile phone and SD card will be erased.
2. How do I locate my lost device using the "Anti-theft" function?
It will detect your lost device's location via GPS, Wi-Fi or mobile data.
3. Will the "Anti-theft" function locate my lost device if the SIM card has been changed by someone?
Yes. If the SIM is replaced, your "trusted number" will receive an SMS alert.
4. If my lost device is switched off, will the "Anti-theft" function be able to detect its location?
No. A lost device must be switched-on in order for location to be detected.
1. Why did the "Banking Protection" warning bar not pop up when I visited a bank's website?
Please make sure F-Secure SAFE has been installed properly and is working. And make sure Banking Protection is switched-on.
2. Are foreign bank websites covered by the Banking Protection function?
Yes. It covers most online banking websites worldwide, as well as some other payment systems such as PPS and PayPal. The function helps safeguard your online banking activity and transactions.
F-SECURE SAFE ANYWHERE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSPCOperating systems supported:
‧ Windows 10 ‧ Windows 8.1 ‧ Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or above) ‧ Windows Vista (Services Pack 2)Processor:
‧ Intel Penitium 4 or newerMemory:
‧ 1 GB or moreDisk space:
‧ 1.2 GB free disk space*An Internet connection is required in order to validate your subscription and receive updatesMacMac OSX systems supported:
‧ macOS 10.12 (Sierra) ‧ OS X 10.11 (EI Caption) ‧ OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) ‧ OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)Processor:
‧ 1 GB or moreDisk space:
‧ 250 GB free disk spaceMobiles & tablets Platforms SupportedOperating systems supported:
Android 4.0 or above